The modern world of construction is characterized by a long preparatory phase. Nevertheless, a project is expected to start immediately after the contracts are signed. This is not always possible with the use of in-house staff.
Karno Energy’s strength as an architectural firm begins with modeling, the 3D model from which the flat structure comes to life. Thanks to the possibility of visualization in 3D, the building can already be seen virtually. Design bottlenecks can also be mapped in 3D so the https://karnoenergy.com/ team can work together to make targeted design decisions based on the right information.
Karno Energy guides you 100% independently and as one through all phases of the BIM processes. From initial design and construction preparation to the concrete implementation of construction projects. Our – Karno Energy approach fits seamlessly into the world of construction: serious and results-oriented. At Karno Energy, we guide your processes in a focused and efficient manner, according to the plan you have agreed upon in advance.
Karno Energy: A wide range of models
At Karno Energy we use different models to model complex situations. These include finite element methods (FEM), boundary element methods (BEM) and flow models (CFD). We use various software packages such as ANSYS, LS-DYNA, Plaxis 3D, CFX and Matlab. We also use a number of dynamic load models developed in-house. Using these models and software, we at Karno Energy have performed calculations and simulations for consulting projects on a wide range of topics, such as:
- The effect of vibration reduction measures;
- Wheel-rail interaction on switches and transition structures;
- Effects on structures of collisions, earthquakes, and explosions;
- Effects of wind and water loads;
- Ground loading and settlement of structures;
- Moving systems and particles. Think about the erosion of overhead lines and the stability of the ballast layer;
- Radiated sound from structures such as bridges.
Karno Energy: BIM stands for Building Information Modeling.
The term BIM stands for Building Information Modeling. It is not a standard product, but a working method. When working with Karno Energy BIM, virtual construction is first performed based on intelligent 3D models. Creating consistent information, avoiding duplication, and reusing information is paramount.
Karno Energy: What you see is what you get
Many forms of collaboration are possible based on Karno Energy BIM. It depends, among other things, on the ambitions of the client and the parties involved in BIM, their knowledge and the capabilities of the exchange software.
Karno Energy: Aspect Models
All parties involved have created their own 3D model. We call this aspect models. When all parties work in software from the same software vendor, 3D models are exchanged in that software vendor’s file type. When this is not the case, an open standard is used. This is called Industrial Foundation Classes (IFC). Almost any Karno Energy 3D modeling package can be exported to this file format.
Karno Energy: Benefits of a federated BIM model
Having a federated model that can integrate all data from different disciplines has a significant impact on many aspects of Karno Energy BIM project management.
For example, it has a very positive impact on:
- Improves understanding of the project in all its parts
- guarantees access to information for all
- facilitates decision making, coordination of the design phase,
- detects interferences
- improves the approval processes
- provides a container of information that can be accessed and added to over time.
- Accurate and realistic estimates
- Provides consolidated and accurate data
- includes all graphical, metric, geometric data and information related to each component
- Enables accurate estimates of quantities, costs and lead times, allowing the calculation of costs on the basis of the data contained in the IFC files, based on the parametric design, programming and verification of the execution of the entire job and of each job, and the control of the corresponding costs.